Thousand Thrones Expansions and other old material

Hugh

Thousand Thrones Expansions and other old material

Postby Hugh » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm expecting to be met with silence but hopefully there's still someone left on this forum who can help. I'm the active moderator for the Warhammer Fantasy RPG subreddit, and currently I'm trying to gather and preserve as much Warhammer Fantasy material out there as possible with a focus on WFRP. I am also personally planning to run Thousand Thrones soon.

I was hoping someone could share what fan material there is that isn't available on Liber Fanatica, like the unfinished expansions for Thiusand Thrones. With these I could ensure they're never lost to the community by having them on the subreddits Index, which I'd share right now if I wast on a bloody iPad, you can find it on the subreddit.

So yeah, I hope some help can be had and I do hope that Liber Fanatica is still kicking! If you are at the very least I must insist on inviting you to the inevitable adventure writing contest or perhaps even an AmA, but regardless I wish you all the best.

Regards,

Hugh

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Re: Thousand Thrones Expansions and other old material

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:23 am

Hi Hugh, if you PM me your email address, I can send you the draft material from TTT Ex #3-4 for your own campaign. However, it's not in any shape for public hosting. Whenever someone requests the unfinished TTT material, we include a disclaimer saying it's draft 1, unedited material, and that it shouldn't be shared. If the material was posted on Reddit we'd lose control of expectation management. It's just a matter of professional pride - we don't want unfinished material representing our quality standards to the general public.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 am

Can I take that attitude as one that there's some expectation of it being finished at some point? From what I can gather the delay has been large and it's one of the reasons I asked if it could be shared now under the impression it would most likely never be finished.

I will respect the wish of course, and I'll keep the material to myself though I do hope progress will come of it in future.

Regards,

Hugh

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:30 am

The TTT expansion project is officially cancelled (although a lot of interest has been expressed in reviving it). The Gilded Drake prologue scenario will definitely be released with the website re-launch in January, because it's already 99% finished. Ex #3-4 still requires significant work. The main problem is the amount of time required to manage and edit the TTT project - it's all-consuming and would tie up all of my time for 1-2 years just to finish Ex #3-4. I wouldn't be able to work on anything else. Currently I'm doing a lot of work on Quenelles for DotF Companion #1, and with 4e imminent, I have several other projects on the immediate horizon. If someone else was willing to spearhead the TTT expansions, I would happily finish my written contributions though.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:05 am

Over time the subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/warhammerfantasyrpg/) has been growing quite a bit. I expect by this time next year we'll be much, much bigger so you've got a good chance of finding enthusiastic helpers on there at that time after 4th Edition and after our writing contest which should flair up specific interest in writing.

At the very least seeing the prologue released is wonderful news, it'll certainly come in handy for me and totally new players. Thanks, and sorry for the bother. I've got to approach most situations like this asking for pretty much everything, stuff like Warpstone magazine and the like, because most of the time it's a sort of last breath for it. So apologies for being, well an arse really.

Regards,

Hugh

And yeah, this is basically I better version then what I've said in emails. No, I don't know what I'm doing with myself.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”