WFRP Novel "Database"

DerGrossman

WFRP Novel "Database"

Postby DerGrossman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:18 pm

Hello All,

Now that I have had a few weeks to review the forums, I was wondering... with the vast wealth of knowledge of the Warhammer universe that resides on this forum in the form of its users' big brains, has anyone given any thought to the creation of a "database" of main characters, minor characters, locations, events, etc. contained within the large body of WFRP novels? I was thinking that it wouldn't have to be very technical; it could probably be done in an Excel spreadsheet.

While I tend to think that for any single person, this could be a daunting and time consuming task... when done collaboratively though, I think it could be quite doable, resulting in quite a useful tool for the future development of LF content. If this work effort took traction, it could maybe also be expanded to include various "LF" sanctioned timelines (Empire, Dwarves, Elves, etc.), gazetteers, etc.

Also, if there already exists such a tool, I apologize in advance for posting this. I have not been able to find anything of the like in the forums.

Thoughts?

DerGrossman

Azrazell

Re: WFRP Novel "Database"

Postby Azrazell » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:17 pm

Well in a way one person could collect the research data of variouis projects and build as you go. Also jackdays is compiling lists of persons of note etc.
"We become the worst of that which we oppose"
Ex Bello Pax
http://azrune.deviantart.com/#

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:14 pm

The Lexicanum website is a pretty good Wiki-style database for Warhammer information: http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Steven (Thor) recently suggested creating a "Reading Room" LF sub-forum for discussing WH novels and posting tidbits related to fan projects. If there's any interest just let me know and I'll create one.

Thor

Postby Thor » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:28 pm

If others are still interested I think it could be interesting to do a Warhammer book club. We could take it in turns to pick books, old and new, and have discussions. From that a resource could be created or joined with an existing one.

ragnar63

Postby ragnar63 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Sounds like an interesting idea. It might be useful for gamers from any edition.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”