Liber Fanatica Website Redesign

ragnar63

Liber Fanatica Website Redesign

Postby ragnar63 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:57 pm

Evening all,

The Liber Fanatica website has been around for a long time, and the general feeling is that it needs an update, both to make it easier to use but also to bring it up to the visual standards we have become used to in LF publications in the last few years.

Consequently we are looking for a Web Developer amongst the community who will be prepared to help with the redesign. Quite a bit of the artwork has been done and is of the top notch variety you would expect from LF. Unfortunately remuneration will be limited, but the exposure your work will get amongst the gaming community will be high.

Any applicants please get in touch with myself and Herr Arnulfe, preferably with examples of your work.

We wait in anticipation.

All the best,

Ralph Seller

imaginegod

Re: Liber Fanatica Website Redesign

Postby imaginegod » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:00 am

Hello all.

I came here from Linkedin to offer some ideas. Noticing that you run a phpBB forum, the best strategy is to go for a PHP-based redesign.
Some PHP frameworks have become very popular these days for quick and high quality website design.

First amongst the lot is "Wordpress" excellent for Blog-based sites with tons of unique designs and themes, plus responsive designs that scale well for mobiles and tablet PCs.
My own favourite is "Drupal" because it offers much more in terms of modules than can take a site into Blogs, News, Forums and even small-scale eCommerce.

I will create a quite demo site and offer a link to the owners of LiberFanatica.net to play around with the design and see if they are comfortable in the Drupal world.
The main aspects are moderation of forums, comments on articles and of course the easy rich content management and uploads via modules like TinyMCE.

Cheers!

ragnar63

Postby ragnar63 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Please go ahead and we will have a look.

Much obliged.

imaginegod

Postby imaginegod » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:34 am

Hello, I was checking my Linkedin messages. I just signed up here to communicate with you. I will setup a demo for you this weekend and give you full access to it. Cheers! :D

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:55 am

Hi imaginegod,

I've sent you a PM with my email address. Great work on the demo site!

Our grand plans appear to finally be coming to fruition. No longer will they laugh at our website or overlook us after a quick glance at the "quaint" homepage.

Now the question isn't whether Liber Fanatica is ready for primetime. The question is whether the world is ready for Liber Fanatica. :twisted:

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”