Thousand Thrones Expansions

Cawdorthane

Thousand Thrones Expansions

Postby Cawdorthane » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:13 am

I saw on the FFG Forum a post expressing the prediction that the 22-page prologue scenario by Wayde Zalken, called The Maiden Voyage of the Gilded Drake would be out in November 2013. My group is just about to launch into this Campaign, and if anyone could tell me where I can access the prologue scenario, I would be greatly in their debt. I am also keen to know when the remaining expansions are likely to come out, if someone could please fill me in about that too.

cheers
Mark

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Re: Thousand Thrones Expansions

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:38 am

Apologies for the delay Cawdorthane. The TTT prologue scenario is 99% finished, but it got snagged up on final details as often seems to happen. If you want, I can email you the almost-finished pdf plus the unlabelled ship deckplan map, so you can get started. If you send me your email address I'll forward it to you - I've sent you a PM.

Due to insufficient contributor interest/motivation, the remaining expansions #3-6 are considered "cancelled". If you'd like to use any of the draft, unedited material that was already written, I can email those docs as well. I can also give you access to the dev forum so you can browse the TTT discussion threads for other tidbits, if you're interested.

Cawdorthane

Postby Cawdorthane » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:39 am

All greatly appreciated. Although it's sad that the expansions are "cancelled", but I well understand the considerable effort involved without remuneration is a big ask. And that is particularly so for a system no longer commercially available other than as a pdf. I was half tempted to start another rant about the GW business model of shunning open game licences, which approach has killed off some wonderful games, but I suspect that all who read this forum would be fellow travellers and do not need to read it all again.

cheers
Mark

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:35 am

Indeed, the TTT expansion project caters to a niche of a niche, although apparently quite a few 3e players have run the campaign as well (Gallows even created a 3e conversion document). This project was always plagued by high contributor turnover from its conception in 2008 - it's just a really challenging project to write for in general, let alone edit and coordinate. Probably too ambitious for fan material.

Thor

Postby Thor » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:12 pm

I was wondering actually if maybe we should look at doing an overview of the final parts to give GMs a better understanding of the direction of the expansions and perhaps to give some closure.

masteryoda1981

Postby masteryoda1981 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:33 am

Thor that would be a great Idea. I came into the dev forums in November of '13 after asking the same questions as the OP. I have started the campaign and the party has just left the Reaper's bounty in chapter 3. According to all the notes I have found this is where the expansion stuff really starts to take off. I would love to have an overview of the ideas the group was thinking about with the different tie-in's.

Thor

Postby Thor » Sun May 11, 2014 5:17 am

masteryoda1981 wrote:Thor that would be a great Idea. I came into the dev forums in November of '13 after asking the same questions as the OP. I have started the campaign and the party has just left the Reaper's bounty in chapter 3. According to all the notes I have found this is where the expansion stuff really starts to take off. I would love to have an overview of the ideas the group was thinking about with the different tie-in's.

The only issue to an overview is the level of detail required.

Personally I think the material left over is rough and disjointed, so would take an age to make sense of. If this old material was left out and short blurbs of the ideas written instead, to give a feel and a direction, would that work as a general overview and give GMs possible ideas to work with and explore?

Steve

masteryoda1981

Postby masteryoda1981 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:57 pm

Yes, short blurbs of the ideas is more of what I was looking at. Something that can point us in the right direction. There are a lot of starting points but no ends.

Ethan

miniPhil

Postby miniPhil » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Sorry to necro this thread but I've recently started playing wfrp 2nd edition with my group and we're running the Thousand Thrones campaign. I was wondering if I could get any of the expansion documents 3-6 or access to the dev forum?

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi miniPhil,

If you PM me your email address, I will send you some partial TTT drafts in PDF format. I'm also adding you to the TTT dev forum, but beware you might get lost. :) I'd suggest reviewing the draft material first.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”