Back Online

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Back Online

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:59 pm

The Inner Sanctum was down since Nov. 18 due to a problem upgrading the forum software, and an outdated database server. After many emails with the hosting company and phpBB support, we're back online. Apologies for the interruption in service. With the software and servers now upgraded, everything should run more smoothly in the future.

Thor

Re: Back Online

Postby Thor » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Great news :D

doc_cthulhu

Postby doc_cthulhu » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:58 am

Hope will be free from spambots at least for a while now. They should be like Boromir. One does not simply walk into the Inner Sanctum.

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:39 am

doc_cthulhu wrote:Hope will be free from spambots at least for a while now. They should be like Boromir. One does not simply walk into the Inner Sanctum.

That was part of the reason for the software upgrade. Although so far it seems like we have just as many spambots as before, v3.0.9 has additional anti-spam options which I'm still experimenting with, and most spam-blocking MODs are designed for the latest version.

doc_cthulhu

Postby doc_cthulhu » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:28 am

Back online. Again.

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:37 am

The dev forum was glitched for a few weeks, since LF was moved to a new server to support the site redesign. This caused some problems with the phpBB software update because the SQL database also needed to be updated, and that can be quite finnicky. However, everything should be working properly again.

ragnar63

Postby ragnar63 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Congratulations, Jude, that was quick. I was afraid it might take longer from what you said in your emails. Well done!!!

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:04 pm

***BACK ONLINE - AUG. 22***

Whew, after almost 1 full year of being down, the LF dev forum is back again. Apologies to everyone who was inconvenienced by this. The forum software needed updating again, but my website files were lost for 7 months due to sudden computer death and warranty return / backup delays, followed by a series of major RL issues.

I sincerely hope this interruption hasn't killed any projects in development. Although LF has been down for several weeks (or months) before, this was the longest stretch of downtime by far. However, I can't imagine Tzeentch will cast such a perfect combination of Disruption Bolts at me again in the foreseeable future.

Rangdo

Postby Rangdo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:55 am

Huzzah! Thanks for working on this!
I used to be Ovid.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”