Averheim

Azrazell

Averheim

Postby Azrazell » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi all and hope u all had a good festive period :) Been working on an adventure set in Wurtbad, but have been thinking maybe it would be best set in Averheim. Firstly since the fine Wurtbad edition has not yet reached its fruition I thought it best keep away, as I'd rather contribute material than contrive material around such good works inprogress. Secondly I haven't seen much in the way of Averheim (can't remeber if Warpstone ever coverd it?) and it would seem like an interesting prospect to write a city guide for it at the same time. Thirdly it would give some freedom for my adventure also.
So the question is would this be an interesting prospect to you folks here at Liber Fanatica, after all seems a shame to write and draw all this stuff and not share it :D
Brian
"We become the worst of that which we oppose"
Ex Bello Pax
http://azrune.deviantart.com/#

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Re: Averheim

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Hello Azrazell!

Latest word on the Wurtbad sourcebook is that maps are being scanned and everything else is basically done. Averheim is the obvious next candidate for fan development, although I'll warn you that collaborative sourcebooks are a chore to coordinate. I do have a vested interest in Averheim because my current campaign concludes there, but I couldn't commit to a leadership role anytime within the next year. If you think you're up to the challenge of being Lead Developer (or can find a co-developer to share the burden with) we can set up a development forum for the project. Might be worth seeing if you can get a hold of Dave Allen - he was coordinating an Averheim project (in the outline stage) when BI closed in '08.

ragnar63

Postby ragnar63 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Hello Azrazell,

I would agree with you that Averheim is crying out for a sourcebook. The political situation there, vis a vie the lack of an Elector Count, makes it a brilliant location for some political machinations on a grand scale. There are some useful sources for it, unlike many Imperial towns.

1. Sigmars Heirs from 2nd edition has some useful detail, particularly on the political situation in Averheim / Averland.
2. 2nd edition Winds of Magic had its adventure set in Averheim, and again there is some useful detail in it.
3. The Warhammer novels, Sword of Vengence and Sword of Justice, are largely set in Averheim and have amazing amounts of detailed descriptions on the town itself and the politics as well. I would definately recommend them as a source, the only thing they lack is a map of the town.

Are you planning on being edition specific with this, or is this going to be a supplement for all the editions?

Personally I would start by reading the above sources, and then draw a map of the town from the descriptions with all the known locations on it. From there it becomes so much easier to design the rest of the town. You get a feel for it.

All the best,

Ralph

Azrazell

Postby Azrazell » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:53 am

Herr Arnulfe wrote:Hello Azrazell!

Latest word on the Wurtbad sourcebook is that maps are being scanned and everything else is basically done. Averheim is the obvious next candidate for fan development, although I'll warn you that collaborative sourcebooks are a chore to coordinate. I do have a vested interest in Averheim because my current campaign concludes there, but I couldn't commit to a leadership role anytime within the next year. If you think you're up to the challenge of being Lead Developer (or can find a co-developer to share the burden with) we can set up a development forum for the project. Might be worth seeing if you can get a hold of Dave Allen - he was coordinating an Averheim project (in the outline stage) when BI closed in '08.

I do have a fair amount of time at the moment so I could Lead the Dev or even share it if any else is intrested? Not sure how to get in contact with Dave Allen yet, but only looked around the web breifly. Good news on Wurtbad supplement looking forward to seeing it :)

ragnar63 wrote:Hello Azrazell,

I would agree with you that Averheim is crying out for a sourcebook. The political situation there, vis a vie the lack of an Elector Count, makes it a brilliant location for some political machinations on a grand scale. There are some useful sources for it, unlike many Imperial towns.

1. Sigmars Heirs from 2nd edition has some useful detail, particularly on the political situation in Averheim / Averland.
2. 2nd edition Winds of Magic had its adventure set in Averheim, and again there is some useful detail in it.
3. The Warhammer novels, Sword of Vengence and Sword of Justice, are largely set in Averheim and have amazing amounts of detailed descriptions on the town itself and the politics as well. I would definately recommend them as a source, the only thing they lack is a map of the town.

Are you planning on being edition specific with this, or is this going to be a supplement for all the editions?

Personally I would start by reading the above sources, and then draw a map of the town from the descriptions with all the known locations on it. From there it becomes so much easier to design the rest of the town. You get a feel for it.

All the best,

thanks I knew about the first two, but not the novels (will get and read asap), It would be nice to cover all sets, but I will only be able to do 2ed WFRP. That being said the book could be written so that rules and profiles are kept to the Appendix, making it easier for conversion by anyone who knows either 1st and 3rd editon rules.
Ex Bello Pax

ragnar63

Postby ragnar63 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:27 am

More than happy to help out once I have got Grunburg out the way. That should be done by late summer I hope. I could certainly deal with any 3rd edition conversions for the appendix. Hopefully the experience of creating Grunburg from scratch will help with creating the much bigger Averheim from more solid information.

Jude, it might be worthwhile to give Azrazell permission to use the Grunburg forum, if he hasn't already got it. It might be of some help.

All the best,

Ralph

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:20 am

Azrazell wrote:I do have a fair amount of time at the moment so I could Lead the Dev or even share it if any else is intrested? Not sure how to get in contact with Dave Allen yet, but only looked around the web breifly. Good news on Wurtbad supplement looking forward to seeing it :)

That's the spirit! I'll set up a dev forum for the Averheim Project and send you a PM with some preliminary info. I'm starting up a new campaign tomorrow, so please give me a couple days. It looks like you already have access to the Grunburg Project forum.

Azrazell

Postby Azrazell » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 pm

ragnar63 wrote:More than happy to help out once I have got Grunburg out the way. That should be done by late summer I hope. I could certainly deal with any 3rd edition conversions for the appendix. Hopefully the experience of creating Grunburg from scratch will help with creating the much bigger Averheim from more solid information.

Jude, it might be worthwhile to give Azrazell permission to use the Grunburg forum, if he hasn't already got it. It might be of some help.

All the best,

Ralph

It would seem prudent to await Grunburg project to finish to start this one a proper. Mean while I'll take note of the Grunburg layout.

Herr Arnulfe wrote:
Azrazell wrote:I do have a fair amount of time at the moment so I could Lead the Dev or even share it if any else is intrested? Not sure how to get in contact with Dave Allen yet, but only looked around the web breifly. Good news on Wurtbad supplement looking forward to seeing it :)

That's the spirit! I'll set up a dev forum for the Averheim Project and send you a PM with some preliminary info. I'm starting up a new campaign tomorrow, so please give me a couple days. It looks like you already have access to the Grunburg Project forum.

Excellent sounds like a plan. Will be handy for loading up ideas etc. As I said I'll start a proper come summer, but how long would you say is a good guide dead line for such a project?
Ex Bello Pax

ragnar63

Postby ragnar63 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:19 pm

As a special project there does not have to be a deadline. it has taken me about five months to wrote about 150 pages of WORD 2010 for Grunburg. I suspect it will be nearly a year before it is finally published.
Averheim is nearly four times the size of Grunburg, and is slightly bigger than Wurtbad even. The trick will be to plan out how you want to approach the whole project, and then break it down into bite size chunks for easier writing. Decide which bits you want to do yourself, and which bits others want to do. The map of the town is the key, as is a "map" of the political situation within Averheim and Averland. How do the nobles, merchants temples and guilds fit into that political situation? How do the gang/s fit into the town etc?

Azrazell

Postby Azrazell » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:51 am

ragnar63 wrote:As a special project there does not have to be a deadline. it has taken me about five months to wrote about 150 pages of WORD 2010 for Grunburg. I suspect it will be nearly a year before it is finally published.
Averheim is nearly four times the size of Grunburg, and is slightly bigger than Wurtbad even. The trick will be to plan out how you want to approach the whole project, and then break it down into bite size chunks for easier writing. Decide which bits you want to do yourself, and which bits others want to do. The map of the town is the key, as is a "map" of the political situation within Averheim and Averland. How do the nobles, merchants temples and guilds fit into that political situation? How do the gang/s fit into the town etc?

Good to know. I've started skecthing around the printed material. Just need to get my hands on the books. Unless anyone has read them and knows the info, which might save me some time other wise i'll have to bite the bullet and fork out some cash.

kind regards

Brian
Ex Bello Pax

ragnar63

Postby ragnar63 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:50 am

I've read the books, but must reread them and take notes. Two or more heads are always better than one in these things, as everybody sees things slightly differently and can put a different perspective to the written page.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”