The End of Warhammer Fantasy

skerrigan

Re: The End of Warhammer Fantasy

Postby skerrigan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:48 am

I personally don't like Nagash resurrecting Sigmar's boy, even less than I like Sigmar working with Nagash in Age of Sigmar, until... drumroll... Sigmar's archnemesis of old betrayed him. But at least you're more logical than GW.

Another thought - why not create a new Avatar/Herald that is a bit more WFRPy and interesting, like an old rat-catcher who is possessed by Sigmar's light? Or just have Valten inexplicably return.

jackdays

Postby jackdays » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:45 am

skerrigan wrote:I personally don't like Nagash resurrecting Sigmar's boy, even less than I like Sigmar working with Nagash in Age of Sigmar, until... drumroll... Sigmar's archnemesis of old betrayed him. But at least you're more logical than GW.

Another thought - why not create a new Avatar/Herald that is a bit more WFRPy and interesting, like an old rat-catcher who is possessed by Sigmar's light? Or just have Valten inexplicably return.

Well, everything is open offcourse. Valten is not really the most important part of the story... I just wanted to go pretty much as in the books. Only two books I dont really know are Part III: Khaine and Part V: Archaon. Those feature events, that probably should not happen.

But, isn't Nagash resurrecting Valten very "warhammerish". I taught actually another ending to all. Valten takes care Archaon. Then Nagash sends Drachenfels possessed Luthor Huss to kill Valten. Which he does. But, then Drachenfels decides to betray Nagash (with Nurgle folk) ;)
At the end Drachenfels is back and returns to his castle to design more evil things.
Last edited by jackdays on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to Kalevala Hammer.

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

jackdays

Postby jackdays » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:49 am

By the way - I didn't mean to "take over" this topic. I just noticed subject about future possibilities in timeline and decided to share this idea (good or not). Maybe it should have its own topic... I just wanted ideas, comments (which came, thanks by the way).

And it is just one possibility to go forward with time using SoC&TET fusion. Offcourse now the timeline from 2520 is pretty much open.
Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to Kalevala Hammer.

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

Herr Arnulfe
Site Admin

Postby Herr Arnulfe » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:52 am

jackdays wrote:By the way - I didn't mean to "take over" this topic. I just noticed subject about future possibilities in timeline and decided to share this idea (good or not). Maybe it should have its own topic... I just wanted ideas, comments (which came, thanks by the way).

No worries, let's just treat this like an open brainstorming thread. Once we've hashed out some ideas I'll create a private development subthread for the timeline write-ups.

valvorik

Postby valvorik » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:38 pm

I think there are a couple of options.

Overall, obviously, ignore end of world, thank you very much. That was clearly some madman's raving.

Yes, take some interesting fluff from those sources (citing it when using). A collation of that would be nice.

I personally like "complacent Empire, the Enemy Within is within thank you very much" for RPG purposes. I'm fine to be "post Storm of Chaos" return to complacency or over-confidence or pre-Storm of Chaos/original Enemy Within.

I've had great fun "teasing about storm of chaos" mentioning rumours and things but not unleashing it as to me internal Imperial divisions and cults etc. are more interesting.

Return to “The Foyer”